Fill in the blank:
1. A sweet, powdered sugar cube of dessert is called a ____________
2. A ___________is a type of carpet woven like a tapestry.
3. A ___________ is a marketplace shopping area with various shops.
4. Turkey’s places of worship for followers of Islam are called _________________.
5. ______________is the capitol city of Turkey.
Ankara bazaar kilim loukoum mosque
True or False:
Turkey is in Europe: _____
Turkey turquoise is the name of a stone: _____
Turkey is located near Greece: _____
Handmade rugs are all made in Turkey:_____
Gyro sandwiches in Turkey have red cabbage in them:_____
- The Hungry Coat – A Tale from Turkey kids folk tale
- The Trojan Horse
- The Hero Schliemann
Laura Amy Schlitz, Robert Byrd
- The Prophet from Ephesus
- Anna of Byzantium
- The Emperor’s Winding Sheet
Jill Paton Walsh
Writing: Write a sentence or paragraph describing a Turkish bazaar.